Thursday, July 08, 2010

thrifted :: folded measuring stick

5_thursday

foldingyardstick

this week's thrifty find is a folded measuring stick. i found this beauty at the same flea market as my tea box. it's actually from the same vendor! it was marked $15 but crossed out and marked down to $5. when the seller wouldn't budge on the price of the tea box i asked if he would throw the ruler in for free. when he said "yes", i was stoked!

unfolded

not sure what it is about these old folding rulers, but they grab my attention every time i see one. i think it's the wood/metal combination along with the amazing old patina. this one unfolds to 72 inches!

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

I love those rulers, my dad always had one around when he was doing jobs at home. You never see them any more. What a great find.

Saeed said...

Wallpapers are key to your pc that's why we provide you 100 % free HD Walppapers simply just click here for obtain.

properties for sale in needham said...

Hello, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues. When I look at your website in Opera, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.

- properties for sale in needham | home properties | real estate ma

Zain said...

This is really interesting article. I really love it alot. Thank You so Much for this Post. I am Game Developer Kindly Check my game Traffic Racer

Blog Widget by LinkWithin