Saturday, October 29, 2005

i've been tagged!

i've been tagged by heels! so i need to share 20 things about myself that you might not know about and that i haven't blogged about before. here we go....

1. i have ALWAYS known that i wanted to be an artist. i never knew it would mean owning my own business, but i’m sure glad it ended up that way!

2. if i would have known i was going to own my own business i would have taken some business courses in college. something….anything. i feel like i know nothing about business and am just flying by the seat of my pants sometimes.

3. i never could understand how someone can grow up and not know what they want to be in life. for me, it was always so obvious. it’s hard to imagine it not being that way. (my husband happens to be one of the aforementioned people).

4. this weekend is the first time i’m away from the little dude for any length of time. it’s his first overnight trip. he’s spending the ENTIRE weekend with grandma & grandpa so that we can spend time at the new house getting my office ready for the big move next weekend. i’m a little surprised how well i’m doing. however, i have called 3 times to check on him today. he’s doing better than expected!

5. i secretly fear that i’m going to be one of those parents who can’t let go of their children. it’s amazing the immediate and intense love you have for them.

6. i worry that everyone else knows more than i do when it comes to owning a paper business and that they’re secretly laughing at me.

7. until i moved to minneapolis in 2000, i had no idea that things like pottery barn, louis vuitton, or neiman marcus existed. (not that it matters because i cannot afford any of them!)

8. i worry that because i am back in the world of “small-town-living”, i will lose sight of major trends and things like those mentioned in #7.

9. i am addicted to reading blogs, but i’m really bad at leaving comments. i’m sure 95% of people don’t know i read their blogs daily.

10. i was a major tomboy as a kid. we grew up in the country and our only neighbors had a boy a little older than me. it was me, my younger brother and the older neighbor boy….and they weren’t playing with barbie. i now think of myself as pretty girly.

11. speaking of barbie, i only had one and it rarely got attention. i was always jealous of all my friends who had gobs of barbies and all of their accessories.

12. i always wanted a real cabbage patch kid. never got one. i had a lame knock-off. i did however, collect garbage pail kid cards. i had a ton. still have them somewhere. (i can’t believe i just admitted that. hey….i was a kid who lived in the middle of nowhere!)

13. the little dude was an ivf baby. we spent several years and thousands and thousands of dollars to bring him into our family. he is worth every penny. (this is one of the reasons i still can’t afford anything in #7!)

14. my hubby and i only dated for about 4 months before moving in together. i was also away at college for 3 out of the 4 months finishing up my last semester. so in reality we were only together for about a month. looking back, it sounds kind of crazy.

15. i knew i was going to marry my hubby after our first date. i came home and told my mom that she better like him because he was going to be the man i married. (i think i actually knew before our date, but admitting that makes me sound a little crazy.)

16. i love pumpkin pie, pasta, chocolate chai tea, my grandma’s apple pie, rhubarb crisp, ice cream, panchetta, and asparagus. i’m not much of a meat eater. (but far from a vegetarian)

17. i can’t stand white walls. every wall in my home is or will be painted. i have a small obsession with color.

18. both my hubby and i come from italian families. (the del ponte’s and the maggi’s)

19. i often buy things because of the way they look and not because i need them or because they’re better. one of the downfalls of being an artsy type.

20. i have a major obsession with coats and purses. (although i never spend a lot on either. i’d rather have 10 cute inexpensive purses than 1 super expensive one)

and a freebie....

21. i have an issue with being a perfectionist and overachiever. if i’m not running around with too much to do, i’m not happy.

i tag claire from madame fancy pants, leslie from rubber sol, and ericka from aquamarine press

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Ooooh, fun, fun meme! :)

Thanks for letting me play, Lori!

I just sent you an e-mail too!

patricia zapata said...

How funny I thought I was the only one with just one Barbie and no Cabbage Patch doll. LOL! The first doll that I gave my daughter was a CP - I will definitely live vicariously through her!

Anonymous said...

Great List! I read your blog occasionally, and always enjoy it! Great having you back at Paperpreneurs!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin