Thursday, July 21, 2005

liar, liar, pants on fire!

here i go lying already. this is my second post and i'm already going to contradict my first....but it's all for the good of my company. really.

so we've already established from the first post that money isn't rampant around here. this makes it difficult to do some of the things i want to do. for instance, i REALLY want professional photos taken of some of my products. just a few, so that my website and brochure don't look like i took the photos with my digital camera at home. (which i obviously did)

well, remember how i said i hated doing work for other people because it always turns out like crap....well....i lied. but not really.

i contacted a local product photographer that was referred to me by a design firm i interned with in college. i told him the situation about how i really want photos taken, but that i don't have a lot of cash to pay for them. i asked if he would be willing to barter his time in exchange for some product. (i suggested maybe holiday cards for their clients) to my surprise, he quickly agreed! this is great! wait, this sucks!

i called him yesterday to set up an appointment and he quickly told me that his wife was working on some ideas for the holiday card! oh no! here we go already! i was hoping more along the lines of altering something i already had to fit them. not start from scratch! this guy is giving me 4 hours of his time. this holiday card project sounds like it's going to turn out to be way more than that.

i guess i shouldn't complain. i'm getting what i want in the end. it just might suck getting there! blah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the sacrifices we make in the name of progress. I have to say that I am a little surprised by the "my wife has some ideas" comment. Isn't that kind of like going to a restaurant, walking into the kitchen and saying to the chef, "Hi, I would like to order the grilled salmon. Also, I have some ideas on how you could season it." I am pretty sure I'd be told where to stick my salmon.

Great site, can't wait to read more!
-T

Blog Widget by LinkWithin