Thursday, November 05, 2009

honest scrap


i was nominated for an honest scrap award by cathe of feterie and i'm going to do my best to try and come up with something interesting. i'm never really good at these because i really, truly lead a pretty boring life. so, here are the rules i need to follow:

1. say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award. 
thanks for making me wrack my brain, cathe! ;) 

2. share 10 honest things about yourself. 
  1. i belonged to my local 4-H program for 10 years....from 2nd grade, through high-school graduation. of course, i entered many drawings, paintings, and other crafty wares in our annual county fair. i have a million ribbons stuffed away somewhere. 
  2. my first job was waitressing at a ponderosa restaurant. 
  3. i've always known what i wanted to do in life. i have a cassette tape of myself at 2 years old talking to my mom about what i got for christmas. you should have heard my excitement over a set of paints and a paintbrush! 
  4. i can't stand bad kerning....ask my hubby. i have him so well trained that he now points it out to me when he sees it! 
  5. i'm a horrible, horrible liar. 
  6. i'm cheap. there are very few things i splurge on. 
  7. when i met my hubby it was love at first sight....for both of us! we're so cliché!
  8. i rarely drink alcohol. 
  9. i really believe i can do anything. i'm one of those people that thinks: "what's the worst that can happen?" 
  10. i used to read a ton until i had kids and my business. now i can't remember the last book i read. i miss it.
3. present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
ok, i suck at this part, so i'm nominating 3 people here and whoever else wants to participate, consider yourself nominated as well! 
  1. my very talented personal friend mari from small for big. mari and i actually know each other in "real life". we met through our geek husbands so i'm sure there's a lot about her younger years, before we met, that i don't know about! 
  2. one of my fin+roe customers, kelli, just started an amazing blog called delightful. i love delving into her finds everyday because i think we have very similar style/taste. (plus, we both have 2 little boys, each of us with one named fin/finn!)
  3. i'd love to learn more about hannah from yes you maigh. from reading her blog she seems like such a fun person to be around and i'm sure we'd be fast friends if we met outside of the computer. i recently did a swap with hannah for a lovely necklace from her shop

1 comment:

Fiona Cartolina said...

Love your honesty! We have so much in common - except that you really think you can do anything and I always presume I can't do anything! Let's see your winning ribbons - that would be fun. Great to know more about you Lori - I'm glad Cathe nominated you ;-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin